Bluff Road Bridge
The Bluff Road Bridge (La. 928) over I-10 must be closed to repair a damaged girder and to raise the bridge to meet updated interstate standards. Keeping the bridge open during these operations would not be safe.
- The closure will take place after the Ascension Parish public schools have recessed for the summer on May 25. The bridge is scheduled to be reopened before school begins for the fall session.
- Signs announcing the bridge closure will be posted for at least one week before it is closed. Detour routes will be prominently posted during the closure.
- DOTD traffic engineers will monitor critical traffic signals along the detour route and make adjustments according to new traffic patterns that result from the detour.
- Three-way stop signs will be installed at Bluff Road and C. Braud Road in anticipation of increased traffic because of the detour.
- DOTD and its team are working closely with officials in Ascension Parish to keep local traffic moving as efficiently as possible