Highland Road Bridge
The two interstate bridges above Highland Road will be replaced with one larger bridge to hold six lanes of traffic.
- The middle portion of the new bridge will be built first, and all westbound traffic will be detoured onto the new section. This should occur near the end of 2018.
- Once westbound I-10 traffic is diverted to the new section, crews will remove the existing westbound bridge and build the westbound portion of the new bridge, which will be tied in with the newly created middle section.
- When the new westbound portion is completed, it will carry all westbound traffic, and eastbound traffic will be detoured onto the middle section of the new bridge.
- During this time, crews will remove the old eastbound bridge and complete construction of the new bridge.
- Once completed, the new bridge over Highland Road will have three 12-foot travel lanes in each direction, 10-foot outside shoulders and 19-foot inside shoulders separated by a two-foot barrier.